You know you want to read
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have a scar on my knee from running in flip-flops when I lived in Franklin, Tennessee. I fell right in front of my neighbor’s house. She wouldn’t answer the door (I knew she was home, as I had just left her kitchen, where she had made me peanut butter and jelly), even though I was bleeding profusely and screaming like a crazy person.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
My diploma from American, a bulletin board, a vintage travel poster of Mont-St-Michel, four Victorian photographs. Well, photocopies of Victorian photographs. Some of Danny’s artwork.
3. DO YOU GRIND YOUR TEETH OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
Don’t think so.
4. MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
I have been listening to the same three Jump Little Children songs for a week straight. Props to Heather.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
I want my wisdom teeth to magically disappear.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
My friends and family. Rin’s answer. I look like a heartless automaton if I change it.
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5’6″. . . I think
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
No. I have more trouble with railings than small spaces.
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Yes. I have to sleep with my doors closed, and some nights I’m convinced there is an Evil Man lurking in my living room. That gives me the heebes. Then I have to call Danny, and he has to stay on the phone until I don’t have the heebes anymore.
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
It doesn’t take much lately, as I am very high strung. Probably the receptionist at a local dentist’s office this morning, when she told me I was insane to think I could get an appointment this week, despite my impending wedding and EXPLODING JAW.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE FOR A GUY?
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Dark hair, light eyes.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING/ BEING PROPOSED TO?
At Biltmore, obviously.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Definitely coffee. Chock Full o’ Nuts with french vanilla creamer.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Ham and pineapple.
18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
An entire bag of wavy Lays with onion dip. Mmmmmm, onion dip.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
My brother Matt made me a little pink pottery cup when I was a baby.
22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
No. I hate all of mankind.
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
I wish I was rich and trendy enough to wear things from Anthropologie. But I usually end up wearing something from Ann Taylor Loft or Target. They have owl shirts! Go Rice!
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
The two fish at my dad’s house are, in part, mine.
27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
Beta fish and mutant goldfish.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Danny and I excel at this. But hoorah! Our long distance officially ends tomorrow!
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Listen for an hour and a half while she explains her Victorian lit dissertation topic.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
Dad and Danny.
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
People who don’t put away their carts at the grocery store.
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I am borderline OCD. I cannot leave the house if the bed isn’t made, or if the remote control isn’t on top of the television.
36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
37. FIRST JOB?
Besides baby-sitting, working at Media Play. Which has, surprisingly, changed my life in very extreme ways.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
Reading Turn of the Screw. But I got the heebes, so I had to stop.
40. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
41. HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR WISDOM TEETH REMOVED?
See number 6.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
The Norton Anthology of Children’s Literature.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
Two. One biological and one adopted.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My dad says I’m named after Victoria Principal of soap opera fame. I have not yet determined whether or not he’s serious.
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
No. You cannot see stars in Houston. Don’t let that whole lone star state thing fool you. It’s the no-star state.
48. WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY?
Worked for a very long and annoying time at SEL. Picked up some Danny-friendly food at the grocery store.
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Honey ham, shaved.
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
I can eat an entire jar of onion dip in one sitting.
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
Eagle Eye Cherry.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
56. DO LOOKS MATTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
In public I avoid eye contact. If I’m alone I scream and throw things.
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
59. WHO IS YOUR FAMOUS/ ACTOR/SINGER CRUSH?
You are obviously unfamiliar with my Top Five. Current obsession is Jeremy Irons, and I make no apologies for it.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Many that I haven’t called in a loooooong time.
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A KID?
Barney was thankfully not on television. But I LOVED Teddy Ruxpin.
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No. HA, see what I did. (haha… good answer, Rin)
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
No, and I think I’m a better person for it.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
The ability to take seriously those things that I don’t. And the ability to take lightly things I take way too seriously.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
67. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE BAND/SINGER?
To make out with: Duncan Sheik. To get nostalgic to: Athenaeum. Lyrics: Counting Crows. Current listening obsessions: The Fray, Jump Little Children, Rubyhorse, The Jayhawks.
69. WHAT WAS YOUR ACT/SAT SCORE?
I don’t remember.
70. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
No. Just kidding. Or am I?
72. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT?
Last week I went running outside because it was FINALLY BELOW 90 DEGREES.
73. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
74. WHATS THE FASTEST YOU HAVE GONE IN A CAR?
I don’t know, but I’m sure Danny was driving.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Yes. Because I would rather waste time in this way than study for my comps.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
One more time for the cheap seats… Jump Little Children.
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Danny, on his last night in Montana.
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
That depends. I mean, obviously a unibrow or strange growth would catch my attention.
80. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?
Right now, “Naked as we Came,” by Iron and Wine.
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
People who insist on writing about Spenser, when I have to edit their manuscripts.
82. FAVORITE MONTH OF THE YEAR?
83. FAVORITE SPORT?
To play, tennis. To watch, hockey.
84. YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
86. EYE COLOR?
87. WHAT IS YOUR HERITAGE?
89. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTURANT?
Chic-fil-A. I am obsessed with the roasted honey barbecue sauce that comes with their grilled chicken sandwich. I could eat it out of a bowl. For a week.
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
I don’t like cooked fish. Why would I eat it raw?
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Seventh Heaven. How embarrassing.
92. WHATS YOUR FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
The day I turn in my finals.
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
This question makes me vomit.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships. The wedding would be kind of a sham otherwise, no?
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Turn of the Screw, as I’m supposed to have it read by Thursday. Good thing it’s only 100 pages long.
98. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
Saturn Ion. And I LOVE IT.
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
These redundancies are getting annoying.
100. ARE YOU BORED?
I have too much going on to be bored.
101. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
Definitely mashed potatoes, preferably made by my dad, who does a fantastic dance when he makes mashed potatoes.