Once again it is the before-I-travel night, so I am wide awake. Tomorrow I head to NC for about two days, to take care of a few things, then I’m off to Edinburgh, Scotland to test the conference waters.
In that light…
1. First Name: Victoria
2. Were you named after anyone? Dad jokes I was named after Victoria Principal of soap opera fame. I have yet to determine whether or not this is a joke.
3. Do you wish on stars? This is too corny to answer. Read: no.
4. When did you last cry? I have no idea, but I’m sure it was for something stupid. I have a tendency to do that.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, very much actually.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Honey ham. Best on a sandwich with sweet midget pickles.
7. What is your birth date? August 11
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? Hmmm. Monster Ballads. But I’m sure everyone would sing along if I put it on at a party.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Obviously. I’m fabulous. And I usually have coconut rum in the fridge.
10. Are you a daredevil? No. Except for the fact that I am willing to go to Walmart on a Sunday afternoon, which I think is pretty damn ballsy.
11. Who is your favorite cartoon character? In comic strips, Hobbes. On television… hmmm… Garfield I think.
12. Do looks matter? I buy wine based on the label. So yes. Then come other factors.
13. How do you release anger? When alone I scream obscenities. When with someone I maintain a stony and probably very irritating silence.
14. Where is your second home? Charlotte, NC
15. Do you trust others easily? Yes.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lite Brite, baby.
17. What class in high school do you think was totally useless? Economics. It probably would have been useful if I didn’t fall asleep in it every afternoon.
18. Do you have a journal? No, but I have many aborted attempts.
19. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I don’t think so.
20. What are your nicknames? Vicki (I suppose that counts), Vee, Vic, Voo, Little Bird, and Fuzz
21. Would you bungee jump? Only if my life or someone else’s depended on it. And if it were someone else’s, I would have to seriously consider.
22. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. Untying shoes is for sissies.
23. Do you think that you are strong? This question is way too vague. Are we talking odor? In that case no.
24. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Ben & Jerry’s Phish food. I have a very appetizing habit of digging out the fish, swishing them around in my mouth until they’re free of excess ice cream, and spitting them back out onto the spoon to look at them. In other words, I eat this ice cream like a two-year-old.
25. Shoe Size? Nine.
26. Red or pink? Red for furniture, shoes, and accesories. Pink for wine.
27. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? My proclivity for filling out these stupid surveys. And perhaps my tummy poodge. And the fact that I can’t remember anything about British royalty at the appropriate time in class.
28. Who do you miss most? I miss many people, and who I miss most depends on the moment.
30. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Aqua pajama pants with little champagne bottles all over them and bare feet. Sexy, no?
31. What are you listening to right now? “Life Begin Again” by Afro Celt Sound System.
32. Last thing you ate? A two-hamburger meal from McDonald’s. ::hides face in shame:: BUT I didn’t eat the whole thing because the idiots at the McDonald’s in somewhere-between-Killeen-and-Houston Texas is an idiot and put CHEESE on my hamburgers. THE HUMANITY!
33. If you were a color what would you be? I refuse to answer this question.
34. What is the weather like right now? Hot and humid, obviously. It’s Texas. Luckily, I can now walk through the parking lot without water coming up to my ankles. Stupid swampy stormy Houston.
36. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Smile, hair, shoulders
37. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent this to me. I stole it from a friend on Blogger. Props to Des Petits Moments!
38. Favorite Drink? If I’m feeling cheap, draft cider. If I’m feeling swanky gin and tonic.
39. Favorite Sport? Tennis. But as any reader of my blog knows, I am now a golf genius.
40. Hair Color? Red
41. Eye Color? Green
42.Do you wear contacts? And touch my eye with my finger!?! Are you INSANE!?!
43. Favorite Food? My mom’s pot roast.
44. Last Movie You Watched? The Wedding Crashers. Lots of jerk-off jokes.
45. Favorite Day of the Year? The day I finish finals.
46. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Between those two I’d have to say happy endings, although they often piss me off. I mean, have you seen the movie Saved? Does anyone else want to tear out their eyes and curl up in a fetal position at the end?
47. Summer or Winter? Fall.
48. Hugs or Kisses? Definitely depends on the person.
49. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Cappuccino cake at Houlihan’s, which (a) does not taste anything like cappuccino and (b) was the only thing that made my brief stint waitressing bearable.
52. Living Arrangements? Apartment. The first one I’ve lived in alone, actually. I can walk around naked whenever I want to. And sit on my couch naked while I watch television. And when people come over to visit and sit on my couch they have no idea how often I have done this.
53. What Books Are You Reading? Jane Eyre, as a refresher. That’s it right now.
54. What’s On Your Mouse Pad? I don’t use a mouse pad. But I’ve always wanted a Mouse Mat — those hokey little oriental rugs you can get for your mouse. Of course, they’re ridiculously expensive.
55. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? American Wedding
56. Favorite Smells? Book bindings. The boy. And, strangely, that car air conditioning smell. Mmmmmm.
57. Favorite Flower? Orchids, if I’m feeling luxurious.
58. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles.
59. Do you believe in Evolution or Creation? Evolution caused by God. That was DPM’s answer, and I agree.
60. What’s the furthest you’ve been from home? Currently, Cancun, Mexico. As of next week, Edinburgh, Scotland.
61. What made you spend all of your time filling this damn thing out? Pre-travel insomnia.